For franchisors, we align our services towards: maximizing system growth, promoting excellent relationships with franchisees while ensuring compliance with applicable laws, and preparing effective franchising documents.
We have experience advising on existing franchise documents with a view to improving operational efficiencies and identifying areas of unmitigated risk.
For prospective franchisees, we help identify the areas to be most mindful of when entering into a franchise arrangement and assist with negotiations relating to the establishment of a franchise relationship. Existing franchisees benefit from our experience advising on operations and subsequent negotiations with franchisors, in the case of franchise renewals or the acquisition of additional franchises.
Ultimately, we look to approach the business and legal concerns of franchisors and franchisees in a cost effective and pragmatic manner.
We have experience in:
- M&A involving franchised systems
- Advising on, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating:
- franchise disclosure documents in each of the franchise disclosure provinces of Canada
- franchise agreements, area development agreements, and master franchise agreements
- agreements that are ancillary to a franchise system such as employment agreements, sub-leases and security agreements
- advising on the laws applicable to franchises in disclosure provinces.
- Tax effective structuring
- Corporate and M&A
- Deal negotiation
- Commercial real estate
- Due diligence
- Dispute resolution and litigation matters
- Insolvency matters
- Franchise law
- Corporate law
- Employment law
- Prospective and established franchisors
- Prospective and established franchisees
- Franchise service providers and suppliers