Around here, we only practice law one way – untraditionally. We create space for the best ideas and solutions to unfold by giving each lawyer the freedom to build their practice in their own way. It’s our appetite for entrepreneurship and innovation that sets us apart. We empower our people and create opportunities for them to flourish. That’s why we offer a work environment that combines individual practice with collaborative creativity. Pair that with some of the top minds in our practice areas, and you have an unstoppable group. Our compensation philosophy is performance-based – not based on tenure or title.
Legal Assistant – Corporate/Commercial Read More Close
About Lindsey MacCarthy LLP:
We are an innovative and team-oriented law firm seeking a Legal Assistant who will fit well into our dynamic and collaborative culture. This role will perform a wide range of tasks which require strong communication, organization and time management skills. This full-time permanent role is based in downtown Calgary, and our office is conveniently located on the C-Train line.
- Provide full scope legal administrative support such as document preparation, drafting letters, client correspondence, and preparing closing books
- Proofread, edit and format complex Microsoft Word documents, including use of advanced functionality (e.g. Track Changes, Table of Contents, Mail Merge etc.)
- Under the supervision of a lawyer, draft transaction related documents and forms
- Prepare, update and maintain key corporate documents, including corporate Minute Books
- Use initiative and good judgement to relieve legal professionals of administrative detail including but not limited to accounting matters (trust paperwork), invoicing, and opening and closing of files
- Calendar management and meeting organization
- File management including organizing, scanning, filing, and electronic filing of documentation
- Provide our clients with the highest standard of service
- Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate, commercial and/or real estate transactions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with other staff and professionals
- Excellent attention to detail and reading comprehension
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet unexpected and sometimes competing deadlines, and exhibit sound judgment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
Target Start Date:
Competitive salary/benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume to:
Lindsey MacCarthy LLP
Jenelle Tutty, Chief Operations Officer
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Students Read More Close
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022 First Year Summer Student and 2022 2L Summer student positions.
How to Apply:
Please send your application, including a cover letter, résumé, and law school and post-secondary transcripts to email@example.com.